The money provided to HOPE Scholars varies and depends on the type of institution you are attending and your specific enrollment.
Beginning in Fall 2011, students attending public colleges or universities receive a HOPE Award Amount based upon a per hour rate at the institution he or she is attending. Zell Miler scholarship award amounts can be viewed through the Zell Miller Scholarship Chart. http://www.gsfc.org/main/publishing/pdf/2011/hope_award_amounts.pdf
For Fall 2011, Winter 2012, and Spring 2012, students attending private colleges or universities receive the following:
· Full-time students: $1,800 per semester, $1,200 per quarter
· Half-time students: $900 per semester, $600 per quarter
A college degree-seeking student is ineligible for the HOPE Scholarship if the student has:
· Received payment from any combination of HOPE Scholarship, Zell Miller Scholarship, HOPE Grant, and Accel Program funds (through Spring term 2011) totaling 127 semester (190 quarter) hours of credit; or
· Attempted 127 semester (190 quarter) hours of college degree credit, regardless of whether or not HOPE funds were received while attempting the hours; or
· Earned a baccalaureate (four-year) college degree, regardless of whether or not HOPE funds were received while earning the degree, or
· Reached the Seven Year Expiration of Eligibility date.
If you are ineligible to receive the Zell Miller Scholarship, students can receive a need-based student loan. Eligible students can seek a 1% loan to cover any of the costs associated with attending college that does not have to be paid back until the student is no longer attending college.. These student loans can also be forgiven altogether if loan recipients become certified and teach in a public K-12 school in the STEM field. Each year of service in the classroom will forgive one year of the student loan.
Zell Miller Scholarship Requirements| Zell Miller Scholarship Amount | Zell Miller Scholarship Eligibility|
Zell Miller Scholarship Application | Zell Miller Scholarship Due Date and Terms